In an effort to improve the economy of the region and enhance the opportunities available to the residents of our communities the Flynn Group pursues and assists with a myriad of infrastructure projects. These include:
- The widening of Kentucky Highway 480 from I-65 to the entrance of Cedar Grove Business Park. Funded and scheduled for the fall of 2010.
- The expansion of the wastewater treatment facility in Shepherdsville, KY to accommodate additional residential and economic growth. Completed in the summer of 2010.
- The extension of a sewer interceptor line from the Shepherdsville plant south along KY 61 and then east along highway 245 to the Jim Beam distillery. Under construction, Summer 2010
- The transformation of Highway 245 at I-65 into a world class gateway to the Bourbon Trail and Kentucky’s interior. This will be accomplished by creating a scenic parkway along the route as well as widening the road. The project has been funded by the state legislature. Funded, engineering ongoing- construction slated for 2011
- The establishment of a community college in Bullitt County and subsequently a permanent campus to provide residents of one of the state’s most populous counties the opportunity for higher education within a reasonable distance from their homes. The school has been established in a Flynn building and has proven that Bullitt County has been underserved in this respect by bursting at the seams with students. It is our goal to have established a permanent campus within five years. County has donated 40+ acres at the Highway 245 exit for college use.